Saturday, October 2, 2010

Woes for two wheels....

So - 'new for old replacement' means 'the same thing you had' - in other words, they hunt around and find a bike the same model and year as the one they wrote off. Guess what! there are no 2008 models left in Australia, so to get the pretty bike in the picture from yesterday I would have to pay nearly $2000 anyway to 'make up the gap'.

So I'm going to take the cash and run.Because I can do that and go and buy a brand new 2010 model for about the same amount of money. And I can also take my money, add the same extra dough, and buy a second hand upgrade (2007-2008 model with less that 10,000 km on the clock) for the same kindof money and then have something that looks like this:


But without the custom paint job - shiny black is good enough for me :D

So, I haven't really decided what to do. Take the money and run, take the money and upgrade. Or sit on the money and wait till I can afford to buy new.....

No comments:

Post a Comment