Friday, October 29, 2010

Coolest thing ever!!

In stark contrast to my otherwise quite geeky status, I do not play computer games. I'm really just not interested. That is, with a couple of very important exceptions. I love Mario Bros. I love the original retro versions. I love the new Wii versions with new mini games. I love Mario Cart.

And I love Little Big Planet. Many thanks to the friend who introduced me to it. I love the sack boy. I love that it its narrated by Stephen Fry (seriously - Stephen Fry, what is there not to love about that?). I love that I don't have to be exceptionally co-ordinated to play it. And I love that I don't have to kill anything. My favourite bit ever is where you have this thing that looks like a gun, but shoots paint splats everywhere. It appears in several levels where everything is black and you have to shoot stuff to make it visible. You can of course shoot yourself and other players - which results in no harm but some interesting colour effects :D

So. We have established that I love LBP. So what have I deemed to be the coolest thing ever?

This: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/d2af/


I want one. In fact, I want several so I can dress them up in various silly outfits.* (For those unfamiliar with the game, this is the true point of it - you run around collecting stuff that you can then use to dress and decorate yourself and your 'pod', the little home you have in the LBP world.)

I will be investing in one of these. Its one of those items of useless junk that I feel I really must own!

*I just reread that sentence. Wow, I sound like a 12 year old girl. Scary!

1 comment:

  1. That is insanely cute, I admit (my hatred of non-useful objects is well established).

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete