Friday, October 1, 2010

Follow the yellow brick road.

This week has developed the tendancy to feel rather like a trip to Oz. This is mostly because of the slightly delusional state induced by recovering some of the lost sleep of last week. I seem to be drifting from one bizarre interaction to another with no real link between them.

Note to self: less than 4 hours sleep a night cannot be maintatined for longer than 2 days without severe negative consequences.

I arrived back at work to over 300 emails (of which only about 20 had any real importance), a new boss (at the top end of the chain), a remarkably empty office (not sure who is on holidays and who has quietly left while I was away) and not that much on my plate.

I am also cold. 2 weeks in warmer climes is certainly enough to get used to being warm. This morning it made it down to -0.4 degrees. I am no longer equipt to deal with this.

Note to self: do not holiday in the tropics during winter - the pain of the return to the cold far outweighs the benefits of 2 weeks of warmth.

In brighter news, it has been confirmed that my insurance company are giving me a brand new bike in replacement for the one they wrote off 2 weeks ago. I should be back on the road in a matter of weeks. In fact, just in time for when the weather here finally works out that its spring and warms up :D Here's a picture:



I will get around to a full wedding wrap-up at some point. After I've caught up on sleep and dont feel like I'm rambling off into the distance.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that bike is SOOOOOOOO preeeeetttttyyyyyy

    Louise

    ReplyDelete