Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tales of the unexpected

My life seems to currently be filled with unexpected expenses. Also with expected expenses, but its those pesky unexpected ones that cause all the trouble.

This week I took my bike in for a service. Should have been nice and easy. But it turns out that its not that simple. I had my steering lock replaced early this year after someone attempted to steal my bike. It never worked properly afterwards, and I called they guys who fixed it and they said to bring it in when I got the chance and they'd check it out again. Well, I got a bit busy and the bike was usually in the garage at home so I forgot about it, but it turns out that the whole thing is completely wrecked. Again. Probably because it wasn't fixed properly the first time. Its now too late to make them fix it for free.

I'm getting seriously cranky though. This is the second serious screw up by these guys. They managed to loose a complete set of keys to the bike and it's locks some time ago and stopped taking my calls when I demanded that they replace all the locks. I'm going to get stroppy with them this time. I'll be back every week if they dont get it right.

2 comments:

  1. Name and shame? It seems like one of the rare cases that it's deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the basis that I haven't (yet) lost this battle, I am naming no names. Plus it was a different branch of the business that scr3wed up last time and in other respects these guys have been pretty good. Plus, I'll probably need to buy something off them again and I dont want make too many waves.They did have an incredibly pretty Vstar 950A in there on Saturday that they let me sit on, and that if I can wangle it will take for a test ride next week :D Just for the fun of it!

    ReplyDelete