Saturday, August 14, 2010

Small triumphs

Today I finally managed to pass my P's test on my motorbike*. As a friend put it, as an adult there are not very many moments of triumph that provide that feeling, the one that puts a huge grin on your face and stills the fluttering of your heart for a few moments. It is a moment that should be cherished. And I will. For a whole week or so. In fact, it will probably last all the way through till I go down to the RTA on Monday and get my license updated. I'll show it to a few people, most of whom wont care, and then it will just be another one of those things I've done.

So, excuse me while I go and send everyone I can think of a text to skite about my achievements (I will point out that this was NOT my first attempt and therefore, its all really quite tragic).




* Well actually a friends motorbike, because mine is a total pain to get through the silly maneuvers, but it means I can ride my bike with a shiny new P plate instead of the yellow L of shame.

1 comment: