Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sometimes its true

Yesterday, I really did have a headache. A migraine in fact. I dosed up on the meds, napped, and managed to avoid vomiting all over my keyboard at work. But I had to excuse myself from a couple of events because of it. My work drinks, not really an issue - they could see that I was green. My catch up with a friend, no biggy, she knows me well, and has seen me when green. But I was meant to be having dinner with a boy. A new boy, who I've only met once before. That wasn't such a great thing.

Its never a good story. Sorry, but I have a headache. Most people dont suffer from true migraine and have no idea how it really affects you. Its not just the pain, which is certainly not fun. But for me, it means the blurred vision and nausea as well. If I'm not careful, I really will decorate the place with vomit. Its also quite difficult to get yourself home when you cant see properly and you have to keep swallowing bile.

I have excellent medication. But I cant drive after taking it. So its a fine line, getting home in the window between onset and disaster, then dose up, and hide from the world for as many hours as possible. Avoid loud noises and light. Sleep, and lots of water help.

My date - well I doubt I'll get a second chance. He seemed a bit miffed. And to be honest, I wasn't that into him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment