Monday, August 16, 2010

Take the hint!

As previously mentioned, I blew off a date last week because I had a migraine. I wasn't that keen on the guy anyway, and he wasn't thrilled that I blew him off so I wasn't too fussed. But he seems to have gotten over his sulk and has texted, called and emailed 5 times since saturday lunchtime. I have tried to fob him off gently without saying outright that he just isn't that interesting (or more accurately is quite annoying and slightly offensive with his constant derogatory jokes).

I am now resorting to ignorance. If polite refusals to catch up aren't going to cut it, then I am just not going to respond any more. Seriously, how many times do you have to say 'no thanks' before they get the hint?

I hate dating. I really do. I'm not really a people person, I like my own space and I'm not big on 'going out' all the time (apparently this is why I am classed as an introvert on the Myers-Briggs scale) but I dont want to invite random boys home. I also dont like hurting people, so I try for a soft landing. But this is one time I may have to get blunt and tell him to back off. I hope not. It makes me feel sick just to think about it.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, "Actually I'm not interested in taking this further" is kinder than "I'm busy tonight." You mentioned Myers-Briggs. Did you do an online test? What are you??

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did it at Uni years ago. I can remember the exact scores now, but I do distinctly recall being an I. I was surprised at the time so it stuck.

    ReplyDelete