Monday, November 29, 2010

Stowaway

Well, I finally arrived home this morning. Following Friday's debacle, my planned flight home last night hit a snag at the Canberra airport. The weather closed in just as we got here, and after two aborted attempts to land, we were taken back to Melbourne. The airline put us up in the Mantra, but with 180 odd people on the flight, and a full Qantas fight being billeted there too, it was 1:30 before I got a room. They ran an extra flight this morning to get us home, leaving at 5:45, so I had to be up at 4:30 to make it to the airport on time.

So I managed a bit less than 3 hours sleep last night, thank god I had the foresight to take today off work to get all my cleaning and washing done. But I also discovered that I had a stowaway. I have picked up a cold. My head hurts, my nose is pouring, my throat is sore and I'm a little feverish. So today has largely been spent in bed - although I did get a couple of loads of washing done.  But right now, I'm feeling pretty miserable.

I did manage to secure one awesome bargain in Melbourne though. We went to Harbour Town and the Levi's outlet had a big sale on. I scored a really nice military style raincoat. Normal price $179.98, marked down to $79.89 and then a further 50% off. So for $40, I got a really nice jacket, and it came in very handy when the wind and rain came on!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice find!

    Also, get better soon. Summer colds are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was a truly horrid weekend. I think I may now have nightmares about flying home only to fly back to Melbourne again, then *repeat* three hours later.

    ReplyDelete