Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Feeling sorry for myself

So it turns out that my stowaway is not just a mere head cold, but is instead a rather nasty gastro virus. So I get to spend the week holed up at home with no contact with the outside world because its highly contagious and no-one else wants to get it.

While I agree that I wouldn't really want to be at work feeling like I do, I'm bored already. There is only so much bad daytime tv, internet surfing and reading (well, re-reading, I have no new material) that I can do.

On the plus side, the weather is horrible, so I'm less miserable than I would be if I had to look out the window at a bright sunny day.

In other news today, there is an interesting commentary on religious extremism here: http://donmilleris.com/2010/11/30/the-war-on-extremism/ which makes the key point that its not any one religious belief that is the problem, but extremism. And extremism is fairly obviously evident all over the place, including being preached from the pulpits of christian churches, by secular political leaders and from the mouths of the average man.

2 comments:

  1. Being sick really does suck! I hope you recover soon!

    Also, daytime T.V. is really terrible. I don't understand how people can watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every so often, Donald Miller is just brilliant.

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete