Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday morning consolations

Like most people I know, Christmas had the unfortuanate effect of adding to my body's padding this time around. In fact, I beat all personal records and managed to pile on 5 kg in 3 weeks. This morning, My scales told me that one of those kilos is gone again. Yay! It seems that the constant hunger of the last 5 days has paid off.

I love food. I would say that in most ways, I'm pretty good - I dont have a sweet tooth, I dont eat emotionally, and I dont snack. But I do like food, and if its on my plate, I tend to eat it. So the excesses of christmas are a problem through sheer volume. But the tum got used to it, and now being good is leaving me with a permanent feeling of hunger.

Le sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about it!

    Luckily you don't have a sweet tooth (my biggest problem). That'll help a lot.

    Perhaps you ought to snack - smaller meals, but more often. Apparently it helps keep your metabolism up, and keep your blood sugar levels from spiking and dropping dramatically (which helps stave off hunger).

    Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, permanent hunger time for me too. But it's been one week, and I'm dealing with it okay so far.

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete