Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cake..... and chopsticks

Thats right folks, yesterday I attempted the challenge of eating cake with chopsticks. There were 6 of us poised around the gooey chocolatey goodness of supermarket mudcake with assorted styles of chopstick. It turns out that I'm pretty good at it. It also turns out that attempting to spear a piece through the middle with one stick isn't particularly effective - but IS very fun to watch (great show B!).

I even managed to steal a piece out of the sticks of another cake fiend!

Three things to note:
It is very messy - kudos to the person who thought to lay down a tablecloth that could be taken out and shaken.
Lining your sticks with a layer of gooey icing helps the cake to stick
Chocolate cake is not good for your diet - so do not attempt this too often if you want to stay thin

I will have to be very good for the next fortnight to make up for last night - but thanks Louise for all the fun!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Kudos to me!

    I just blogged about it at http://twittertales.wordpress.com/2011/01/11/258-cake-and-chopsticks/

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a blast! I think I'll try that!

    ReplyDelete