Wednesday, December 8, 2010

All is well - or is it?

I have the kind of personality that tends towards the melancholic. When I'm happy, I'm happy, but when I'm not so happy, I tend to be a glass half empty sort of person. I quite like have a whinge, and I can be very grumpy.

So while i have a lot to be happy about at the moment, I'm also currently in a massive case of the grumps. I am waiting with baited to breath to here if I am going to get the job I currently do permanently, or if in a few weeks time I'll lose $200 a fortnight and someone else will come in and 'do my job' (only they wont, I'll still do everything I currently do, because they wont find someone who has the skills or wants to do it, I'll just be paid less).

So I'm stressing - my budget is pretty tight, and $200 a fortnight will see me hiding out in my flat never going out, with no spare cash. And when I stress, I grump. Add to this, the fact that I actually think that doing a job properly is a virtue and that competence should be rewarded and incompetence shoved out the door, working in the public sector can be somewhat disheartening, so I tend to rant and grump a bit about that too.

I suspect that this state of grump is starting to wear on the boy. He's very much a happy person - doesn't let things get to him... I think he sees the world in economic terms - so its not worth the energy to care, whereas I have a more social bent, and rage against injustice and ignorance...... It may be interesting to see how this pans out - but it could also be quite painful....

3 comments:

  1. Honey, I'd be happy alot more too if I was earning big bucks :p

    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not knowing if you're going to get paid properly for work you already do is a good reason to get grumpy. I know about (a) not getting paid for the work you do, and (b) having a peaceful, calm man who just doesn't get it. On the up side, (b) generally means (at least for me) that my bad mood doesn't bring him down. It's sort of insulting, but it DOES mean I don't need to try and pretend happiness I don't feel.

    ReplyDelete