Sunday, September 19, 2010

How to spend Sundays....

I am sitting in what I firmly believe is the best pub in Fortitude Valley (the RG or Royal George) listening yo an excellent live band playing their own great combination of rock and gypsy music. It is 22 degrees, 5:30 pm and I am wearing thongs and a tshirt!!

Last night was a Hens night. Great fun, not too much alcohol and good behavior all round, so this morning, feeling pretty damn good I pottered into town to catch up with a friend. We chatted for a while then walked down to the Valley. Wandered the markets, had lunch at the best Chinese restaurant around (Dragon Inn) and then had a massage from a lovely old Chinese woman. ($30 for 40 mins)we then settled in for a couple beers while listening to a this great local band called TiMBAH. Through the marvels of technology (Internet on my iPhone) I purchased their album. They are that good!

The set is about to finish and it's off to this great Japanese place for a pretty obscenely expensive dinner. But I only make it to Brisbane about once a year so I'm making the most of it!

Mmmmmmm.... Japanese food!

1 comment:

  1. You're not helping me deal with my jealousy.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete