Thursday, March 10, 2011

Working on the run

This week I got to travel for work. Its a concept that has an interesting mystique. It sounds exciting. A free trip out of town, and while you have to work through the day, you think 'I'll have time to do some poking around, or shopping, or something.

So I got up at 5am on Monday, got on a plane at 7, took a 45 minute taxi ride which took me under Sydney Harbour and walked into the office to be confronted by a classic 'us vs them' tirade. I then spent 6 hours entering numbers into a computer before another taxi-ride through crazy traffic to a hotel where I crashed only to get up at 6:30 the next morning to spend another 8 hours entering numbers, another night at a hotel and 6 hours of numbers before I started the treck home through the start of peak hour traffic.

Thankfully I managed to get on a commuter flight on the way home where you get a free mini bottle of wine......

Somehow when you actually do the work travel thing, it really isn't as exciting. Although I did manage to get several hours of flex to spend when I want to...... Mmmmmmm flex day........

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that does NOT sound fun at all.

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete