Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Remember Me

I admit that I'm a bit of a snob about somethings. One of these things is a certain class of so-called 'actors' who appear in popular teenage movies because they look pretty, but dont actually have much in the way of talent or depth. Robert Patterson is one of those I have relegated to this category. What I have seen of him has not impressed me, and for this reason I have largely avoided watching anything he is in because I figured with such a one-dimensional actor, it wouldn't be worth the effort.....

Well, thanks to being stuck at home sick with nothing else to do, and through the urging of a couple of friends (one of whom I would normally NEVER take movie advice from), I watched Remember Me.

I cant say that it has improved my impression of the pasty vampire, but the role didn't have a lot of dimension anyway, so a better actor wouldn't have added that much. But thanks to an excellent script and excellent performances by the rest of the cast, I give the following verdict: Oh. My. God.......

For a while it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.... Just a mix of tortured family lives and youthful revenge tactics. But somehow it pulls you in, you look for the resolution, wondering how its going to pan out, then you get hit in the face by the last 5 minutes. I stared at the screen saying NO! Oh God NO!!!! as a teacher writes on a chalkboard. And I cried. Rather a lot.

If you haven't seen it. You should. Ignore the pasty vampire, he is by far the least important reason to see this film. His one dimension performance just highlights how good everyone else is. Although Pierce Brosnan also does a good job of being less than impressive...... Surprise, its the small names that make this movie so good..

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Sounds intriguing. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds far too intense for me :) Wikipedia, here I come.

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, its pretty traumatic, but beautiful too....

    ReplyDelete