Sunday, May 8, 2011

An outpost of the world

Every now and then something happens to remind me that this country really is a tiny little outpost of civilization that no-one else really pays much attention to. Today it was one of the usual culprits. TV.

For some reason, the powers that be in the major TV producers in the US and the UK think that they can justify not giving us HUGE tv shows anywhere near the time they are played 'at home' or for that matter in the 'U'.

Season 3 of Merlin premieres here TONIGHT. For a minute I was really excited. Until I remembered that Season 3 is now something more than 6 months old. Excitement became a mixture of depression and anger.

Its an old gripe. And it is getting better - Dr Who for example is only a week behind the UK now. But seriously folks, its not like it take weeks to get it here anymore. If you don't want people illegally downloading things, then make the damn stuff available in a reasonable timeframe.

OK - rant over. I'll go and distract myself with a book......

4 comments:

  1. awww here's a nice link for you instead http://documentaryheaven.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... that sucks. Please tell me you have Game of Thrones there at the moment. It would really suck having to wait for that show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope - not even a peep about it - but I've read a couple of the books and seen bits of the first couple of eps, I'm not too sad about this one. Its just a little too wierd for TV....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on this entry. Books have a similar problem - especially ebooks (people will produce an American ebook and refuse to sell it to Australians, then complain about book piracy *facepalm*).

    Louise Curtis

    ReplyDelete